Monday, October 4, 2010

Mr. Taken


I have been friends with him and his partner and they’re nice. Apparently I have been hanging out with my friend especially on my free time, and sometimes he would drop by my work and bring me food. I didn’t give any malice to it, I thought he was just being sweet and of course the fact that he knows the history of my broken relationship any act that is associated to that would just be a no no to me…
Until one time we spent a long drive together going south it’s a favor I asked to surprise Mr. Independent. It was already late then my friend asked if he could sleep over at my place, since I don’t see any bad motives from him I let him stayed over it was a bit awkward for me though but I let him since I asked favor naman for that long drive. Just to be fair (p.s. I just got a text message and he is here, brought me some snacks. I need to go down and pick it up… )
The hugging while sleeping was very new to me, “very new” because the person hugging me while sleeping is already committed. That’s not a good picture…I tried to move and pretend that nothing is going on. Then one time he visited me brought me food at work and chatted inside his car, and then there you go…the inevitable kiss he gave on my lips. I told him right away that he is already committed and I’m very sure his partner would favor on what his doing. It was an awkward scene but I have to tell him that because I know he is a good guy and won’t do anything bad for his relationship… but he just did. Allegedly.
So far everything is kinda normal now, but minsan di nya maiwasan mag biro…stuff like he wanted to kiss me and “more”…I tried to shrug it off and pretend it’s just a silly joke. Now it lead to me thinking, ganito ba ang nangyayari pag matagal na kayo sa relasyon? That it’s easy to do things coz you know at the end of the day you have someone to go home to and the capacity to extra yourself to somebody adds up spice to the relationship (or ego booster)? I would still like to hold on to the thought that we gay guys are still in believe of what true relationship is all about (mutual, permanent and exclusive), that we are not promiscuous bitch and that we gay guys can still think straight and keep our word.